Health Commitment Statement
Your health is your responsibility. The management/staff and trainers of this organisation are dedicated to helping you take every opportunity to enjoy the facilities that we offer. With this in mind, we have carefully considered what we can reasonably expect of each other.
The statement below is for guidance only. It is not a legally binding agreement between you and us. It does not create any obligations which you or we must meet.
Our commitment to you:
- We will respect your personal decisions and allow you to make your own decisions about what exercise you can carry out. However, we ask you not to exercise beyond what you consider to be your own abilities.
- We will make every reasonable effort to make sure that our equipment and facilities are in a safe condition for you to use and enjoy.
- We will take all reasonable steps to make sure that our staff/trainers are qualified to the fitness industry standards as set out by The Register Of Exercise Professionals.
- If you tell us that you have a disability which puts you at a substantial disadvantage in accessing our equipment and facilities, we will consider what adjustments, if any are reasonable for us to make.
Your commitment to us:
- You should not exercise beyond your own abilities. If you know or are concerned that you have a medical condition which might interfere with you exercising safely, before you use our equipment, facilities or take our advice you should seek advice from a relevant medical professional and follow that advice.
- You should make yourself aware of any rules and instructions, including warning notices, and follow them. Exercise carries its own risks. You should not carry out any activities which you have been told are not suitable for you.
- You should let us know immediately if you feel ill when using our equipment or facilities. Our staff members are not qualified doctors, but there will be a person with relevant first aid training.
- If you have a disability, you must follow any reasonable instructions to allow you to exercise safely.